Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186)
This visa is a permanent residence visa for skilled workers. It allows you to work in Australia under one of three streams:
- the Temporary Residence Transition stream
- the Direct Entry stream
- the Agreement stream.
You might be able to get this visa if you:
- have been nominated in an approved position by an Australian employer within the six months before you apply
- are under the age of 45 at time of application lodgement, unless you are exempt.
- at time of application lodgement, have the required qualifications, skills (skills assessment may be required), have 3 years full time experience.
- for the position you have been nominated for – you must hold any mandatory registration, license or professional membership, or you must already be fully assessed as suitable by the relevant body.
- have appropriate English language skills (at the time of application lodgement), unless you are exempt
- meet health and character requirements